Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Beginning

It’s far from over. Obama’s first term has only just begun. The economy’s a mess, the Iraq war is still going on, Afghanistan and Pakistan may be revisited… the list is endless. Now, as the Obama’s honeymoon with the press continues, we need someone, more than ever, checking the facts, asking the hard questions, and keeping the world informed.

Journalists, I implore you, I beg you, to step up to the plate, and do your job.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of readership, this journalist will no longer be publishing articles on “Notes from the Bubble.” Be sure, however, to look for her work in other, more well-read publications, across the nation.

Thanks to those who did read my work. It’s you who keeps journalism afloat, even in these trying times.

"Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter." Thomas Jefferson

No comments: