
In an interview on CNN's Larry King Live, John McCain discussed racism, and its role in the election. He also maintained that he is pleased with Sarah Palin, his vice presidential running mate.
When King raised the issue of Obama’s race, McCain responded that people will vote “for the best of reasons, not the worst of reasons.”
“Look, there is racism in America,” McCain said. “We all know that because we can't stop working against it. But I am totally convinced that 99 and 44 one-hundredths percent of the American people are going to make a decision on who is best to lead this country."
And, when asked about his confidence in Palin, McCain laughed. "You know, I didn't think she would be so controversial," McCain said. "But I got to tell you, every time I'm around her, I'm uplifted. This is a solid, dedicated, reformer. A fine governor."

No comments:
Post a Comment