Age: 44
Education: BA in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho (1987.)
Years of Political Experience: 5
Views on...
Gay Marriage and Abortion:
"I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between a man and a woman."
Education:
"Victor Hugo said, "He who opens a school door, closes a prison." It's a privileged obligation we have to "open education doors." Every child, of every ability, is to be cherished and loved and taught. Every child provides this world hope. They are the most beautiful ingredient in our sometimes muddied up world. I am committed to our children and their education. Stepping through "the door" is about more than passing a standardized test. We need kids prepared to pass life's tests--like getting a job and valuing a strong work ethic."
Oil:
"The people of Alaska understand that Alaska has so much to contribute in terms of energy sources to the rest of the US. Folks up here want ANWR to be unlocked by the federal government so that we can drill. We've got a tremendous amount of resource up here, and we're ready, willing and able to contribute. I think Washington doesn't understand that we're at a real critical crossroads: We are either going to become more and more dependent on foreign sources of energy, or we're going to be able to secure our nation and drill domestically for safe, stable, clean supplies of energy that we have here. We have them in Alaska."
National Security: I could not find any quotes by Sarah Palin concerning National Security.
Religious Views: In a Time Magazine interview on 8/14/08, she identified herself as a “bible-believing Christian” who attends a “non-denominational Bible Church.”
Early Opinion About Being a Potential Pick for Vice President:
"But as for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question."
Current Views About Being McCain's Pick:
“It is a great privilege to be John McCain's running mate and to be considered by the American people for the Vice Presidency. This honor is a testament to the reforms and progress we have made together in Alaska. Now is the time to take that spirit of reform to Washington.”
Where I Got My Information: http://gov.state.ak.us/
http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment